top of page
Pilgrim Missionary Baptist Church of South Chicago was organized in 1917 inspired by 11 members of New Hope Missionary Baptist Church located in South Chicago, has become an integral part of the history of the South Chicago community.
These eleven charter members were Rev. Frank Gaskin, Deacon William Bright, Deacon Joseph Thomas, Deacon Allen Smith, Sister Annie Hibbler, Brother John Shaw, Brother & Sister Peter Allen, and Deacon & Sister Foley and Mother Melissa Peeler came together in unity and love, and chose 9104 South Baltimore as the location for their newly organized house of Worship thus began Pilgrim Baptist Church of South Chicago’s journey.
bottom of page